PRINTER FIX WALK-THROUGH
REMINDER: CONNECT BOOTH TO POWER, TURN PRINTER ON FIRST, THEN TABLET
1. Confirm the printer's power switch is set to "ON"
2. On the Surface, open "Devices and Printers" by double clicking the icon on the desktop. This screen can take 20-30 seconds to load.
3. Once loaded, locate "DS40 Printer". May also Say "DS40 (Copy 1)"
4. Long Press on DS40 Printer Icon until drop-down menu appears. Select "See What's Printing"
5. Select "Use Printer Offline". This might show as "not responding" for 1-2 minutes before working
6. Printer should now be online and working
If that doesn't work...
1. Turn the printer's power switch to "OFF"
2. Double-click the "Clear Printer Cache" program on the desktop to run it
3. Turn the printer's power switch to "ON"
4. The printer should now be online and working
If that still doesn't work...
1. Return to the "Devices and Printers" folder by double-clicking the icon on the desktop
2. Long Press on the "DS40" icon and wait for drop-down menu. Select "Remove Device"
** ensure DS40 Icon disappears from this folder before moving on **
3. Choose "Add a Printer" from the "Devices and Printers" screen
4. After dialogue window pops up, select "The printer that I want isn't listed"
5. Select "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings"
7. Select "Use an Existing Port" and confirm the selection is a USB. Click next.
8. Go down in drop-down menus until you find the following options:
9. Click Next. You may be asked "do you want to use a current driver?" - Click YES.
10. Printer should reappear in "Devices and Printers" folder and be online and working